Exposure to all that the African continent holds, is potentially life changing. The lessons and experiences on offer are unlike any on earth and African Impact hopes to bring you a taste of this through our longer-term internship programs. Spend your gap year in Africa being mentored by industry professionals and building your resume. The aim of these longer-term internships is to help you develop new skills, gain valuable work experience and give something back to the communities and programs that you come across.
African Impact's Top Internship Programs
- Support and incubate local entrepreneurs, helping them learn and ultimately establish small to medium business start-ups
- Devise ways to educate Zambian residents about the importance of effective waste management and come up with strategies to recycle plastic waste using eco-friendly building methods
- This opportunity will see you supporting and enriching the lives of some of the most vulnerable children in Cape Town, while working alongside a professional social worker
- Connect a passion for marine conservation and entrepreneurship by creating responsible eco tourism practices that help conserve the wild dolphin population.
- This 4-week program focuses on improving access to, and quality of, healthcare in a rural region close to the remarkable Victoria Falls
- Join our research team in the Greater Kruger Area, using this opportunity to study an African species of your choosing
- Gain work experience in the healthcare industry while undertaking practical fieldwork alongside an occupational therapist
- Form part of our research team in the Greater Kruger Area and gain professional experience monitoring some of South Africa’s most elusive and at-risk predators
- Gain practical experience in wildlife and other genre-specific photography, while supporting African Impact's wildlife conservation initiative in South Africa
- Join our experienced teams in one of three African locations who are dedicated to improving gender equality, while gaining professional experience within the framework of international development and specialized gender empowerment programs